Društvo v tujini izobraženih Slovencev – VTIS (in English: Association of Slovenes Educated Abroad) is organizing an event called “VTIS United States of America: Slovene Science Around the World”.
The event will feature short presentations of the work of Slovenes who are active at universities and research institutes in and around New York City. The goals of the event are to showcase the talent and promote the scholarly work of Slovene experts in different fields, to facilitate cooperation and networking among Slovene students, researchers, academics, businesspeople and other members of the Slovene community in New York City, as well as to encourage the strengthening of the links between Slovenia and USA.
The event will take place on Saturday, 15th November 2014, from 4pm until 6.30pm at NYU, Kimmel Center, Suite 406, 60 Washington Square South, New York City.
5 Slovene researchers and young academics will be presenting their scholarly work in 15-minute long “lightning talks” and answer questions from the audience. They are:
- Dr. Arne Baruca, Professor of Marketing, Sacred Heart University
- Dr. Veronika Dolar, Professor of Economics, Long Island University
- Miha Habič, Researcher and PhD student in the field of Mathematics, City University of New York
- Dr. Ana Hočevar, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the field of Theoretical Neuroscience, Rockefeller University
- Dr. Tatjana Trček, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the field of Developmental Genetics, New York University
The speakers will present their work in English, as we are expecting non-Slovene participants. The presentations will be followed by a networking reception.
To RSVP, please visit the following page: http://goo.gl/forms/u1naWdVa2K (in English) or http://goo.gl/forms/636U4o15Gw (in Slovene). To get more information about the event or the Association in general, please visit our website at http://www.drustvovtis.si/ (in Slovene) or contact us on email@example.com.